CPU Running too Cold? Stress Tested at 35c

motatron

Prominent
Jun 10, 2017
Hi everyone,
First time posting in an online forum. I have an older i-2600 processor. Stress tested it with prime95 for 30 minutes and temps stayed below 35c(room temp is 18c). I have an Corsair H60 liquid cooler on it(nice option for $65...but it can't be that good) Can anyone think of what the issue could be? Faulty sensor...CPU setting that hamper the performance. I checked the temperature on Core-Temp and my mobo's own software. I also placed my hand near the heatsink and it did feel pretty cool.

Thanks!

CPU i-2600
mobo- ASUS P8P67 EVO
CPU Cooler- Corsair H60 (Generic $65 Liquid Cooler)

Check with a program like hwinfo64, it should tell you what speeds your cpu is reaching along with core temps. Another good tool for temps is realtemp. If those show the same 35c and the cpu is for sure reaching 100% use at full speed then there's likely a bad sensor. 18c is pretty cool but you're right the h60 isn't that great. Make sure you're using v26.6 of p95 and using small fft's for a steady state load so the temps aren't fluctuating all over. That's only 17c above ambient which doesn't seem likely under p95.

TRENDING THREADS