Windows 10 freezing on boot up screen with Windows symbol but no dots

drivebycheckmate

Prominent
Jun 11, 2017
My computer's motherboard got fried a while ago so I bought a new one. After putting it in my computer windows booted up but the screen was frozen on the window symbol with no dots. So I got a flash drive and borrowed somebody else's computer (win 7) and got the media creation tool and chose the to install the usb version rather then the iso version and also chose 64 bit. I connected the usb and booted up my computer again and clicked F11 and chose the usb to boot the computer(UFD 2.0 Silicon-Power 16G1100) and the windows screen still comes up with the blue windows and no spinning dots. In the bios I have legacy and UEFI both on. The machine was previously windows 10. The only thing I changed since I last used it was obliviously my mother board and added 4 gigabytes of ram and changed the power supply cause I'm pretty sure something was wrong with that too. The other option I have that I just want to tell you is that there is an option that reads "UEFI: Silicon-Power 16G1100", I don't know if this helps but it goes to a frozen motherboard screen and clicking F11 or delete do nothing on it.

Thanks for any help and if you have any question about my issue I'll gladly answer them.

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
Did you upgrade from Windows 7 to 10? As in did you install Windows 7 and then upgrade that to 10 or did you install Windows 10 right off the bat?

Either way sounds like it's not a clean install, would recommend following the steps here: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-do-clean-installation-windows-10

Once you're up and running, just be sure to backup your machine in case this happens again. Either a disk imager like Macrium Reflect or a snapshot tool like Rollback Rx will work.

drivebycheckmate

Prominent
Jun 11, 2017
It isn't a clean install but I can't launch the computer past the motherboard screen. I cannot do anything past the bios due to my motherboard being fried. Also I have made a disk with Windows 10 on it and before the tried a USB with Windows 10. It just goes to the black screen with blue windows symbol, and no loading spinning Dot's.

Also I accidentally -1'd your response on accident thinking it was a reply button... Sorry. I don't know if there is a reply or you just submit a solution but I was just letting you know. Your responds was appreciated.