Headset with jack splitter: Microphone not working - Alienware 15 R3

kontkrabber

Prominent
Jun 11, 2017
The Alienware 15 R3 has a microphone and audio input. My headset only has one cable.
So i bought the following item:

jack-splitter-microfoon-en-audio-0.12-meter.jpg

The audio is fine but the microphone isn't working. I checked device playback. My headset is not listed. Just a loudspeaker / headphone realtek audio device. The same for the microphone.

image.png

image.png

There is no enhancement tab either. There is no Realtek high definition audio driver either.

image.png

Any solutions will be greatly appreciated.

Solution
The headphones are 4-pin. Have to be to carry stereo + mic. But, your first pic does look like 4-pin splitter based on the color of the connectors. Did it say it was on the packaging?

kontkrabber

Prominent
Jun 11, 2017

Could you perhaps show me a picture of the adapter? After searching for it, i only found the same product as i mentioned above.

kontkrabber

Prominent
Jun 11, 2017

Oeps, miss clicked.

erdidl.jpg

That should work based on the description. Might have got a broken one.

Double check the headset is seated all the way and that the splitters are plugged into the right jacks all the way.

Realtek mic would probably be correct as it cant identify your headset from an analog jack.

kontkrabber

Prominent
Jun 11, 2017

Sadly it isn't working. My headset is actually originally a usb headset. So i tried it again with the usb part. My headset is showing correctly on the playback devices but for capturing, my microphone isn't working.

10f1i0k.jpg