Can't enter BIOS when computer is in Safe Mode

Hakito

Reputable
May 22, 2014
I'm trying to enable AHCI via the bios menu, but unless it is done in safe mode it gives an error on startup (see http://triplescomputers.com/blog/uncategorized/solution-switch-windows-10-from-raidide-to-ahci-operation/).

My problem is that when I try to press del to enter the efi bios, it doesn't ever open if I'm in safe mode for windows, it just proceeded to boot. I can enter the bios just fine though when I'm not in safe mode. Any ideas how to fix this? (Or to enable AHCI without having to go to bios in safe mode)

rchris

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2014
"Safe Mode" applies to Windows; it has nothing to do with the BIOS. If you're already in RAID mode in Windows, you may have to reinstall and chose AHCI in the BIOS at that time.

I have read of procedures to change in AHCI in Windows, but I don't recall a source.

Hakito

Reputable
May 22, 2014
The current installation is IDE, that's what my Mobo defaulted it to I think since I never set that myself. I just don't know why it wouldn't work to enter BIOS when windows is in safe mode. The keyboard still lights up and can be used in safe mode so it's not like it's being disabled...