I've tried everything I know, I don't know why my PC keeps hard crashing

Captain_Meatpie

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017
So when I first built this PC, no problems whatsoever. Ran like a dream. I started having a minor crashing issue after about the first year or so. I simply put this down to my PC being full of useless stuff so I fully defragmented my disks and cleaned out all the drives. Fast forward to now, I bought a second GPU and my problems are back to haunt me once again. At first I thought my power supply was not enough to handle two GPU's, so I bought a new PSU. My machine ran fine for the first two or so days and now I'm back to crash city. I've tested my memory in the BIOS, no issues there. I've tried running only one GPU like my PC used to be, still crashes. I've tried everything I can think of. Any ideas people?

Specs:
GIGABYTE 990FXA-UD3 Motherboard
AMD FX-9590 CPU @4.7 GHz (not overclocked)
16gb HyperX DDR3 (4x 4GB)
XFX R9 390X 8GB GDDR5
SAPPHIRE TRI X R9 390X 8GB GDDR5
Corsair H55 Closed Loop Liquid Cooling Unit
Kingston 500GB SSD
Seagate 2TB HDD
Corsair HX1000i 80 Plus Platinum PSU

Any other specs required, please comment.
Thank you in advance for your help.

iS_tech_geek

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011

It could legitimately be anything. Do you happen to have a motherboard laying about to try out? Also; you could also try removing two of the four sticks of RAM and try that. If it crashes; replace the two that you took out and remove the other two; rinse and repeat.

lastly; you could try reverting your BIOS to optimized defaults and/or updating your BIOS to see if that helps.

Captain_Meatpie

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017

I tried all of the methods mentioned above (with the exception of the spare mobo method) and crashing still occurs. After trying these methods I uninstalled my OS and Put a fresh install of windows 7 on an empty drive. I then booted from this drive. It works fine under normal or idle loads but crashes after about 10 minutes in any game, even games that don't push the system at all.
I'm absolutely out of ideas at this point.

Chad_40

Commendable
Mar 26, 2017
I have heard of some people having to under clock their fx-9590 because of it being unstable even at stock, maybe try that?

aaronbrooker

Prominent
Dec 13, 2017

I've been running the PC at lower clocks, even as low as 3.8 ghz, still crashing.
Legitimately out of ideas :(

iS_tech_geek

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011

The only thing I can truly think of is that either your motherboard is toast to your GPU(s) are getting too hot... What are your temps when your PC crashes?

TRENDING THREADS