Good monitor for i5-7600k + 1060 6GB?

Xenoraiser

Commendable
May 26, 2017
I'm in the market for a monitor upgrade. Right now all I have is a 60hz which, needless to say, leads to quite a bit of screen tearing at higher framerates (I know v-sync is an option, but I'd like to get more frames at a higher refresh rate). My system is an i5-7600k OC'd to 4.5GHz, paired with a GTX 1060 6GB.

As much as I originally wanted to go 1440p, I've read my performance would suffer with my current GPU, so I'll be sticking with 1080p. 144hz would be ideal. Curved would be nice, but is hardly a priority. I've read that 1080p doesn't look so great when displayed on a screen bigger than 24 inches, but maybe someone can confirm or refute that (with evidence).

My budget isn't terribly high, $300 would be pushing it. That said, I was doing a quick search and these monitors looked appealing. And yes, I know that two of them are over $300, but I still like to get an idea of what more money could potentially get me:

Monitors

Any suggestions, be it among these or someone else, would be very much appreciated!

Xenoraiser

Commendable
May 26, 2017

Now I've read that a lot of monitors cap the refresh rate at 60hz when using HDMI, is this one an exception? Or would I be able to get 144hz with the cable(s) provided?