Which program to monitor hardware

ctx1b007

Prominent
Jun 4, 2017
Hi all

I was looking into downloading a program that would monitor my hardware, something like realtemp, cpu-z coretemp etc etc to measure cpu temperatures and fan speeds

but I came across a video showcasing NZXT Cam, which seems to monitor EVERYTHING in the computer rig, so I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this, and if it would be better to get separate programs that specialize in monitoring just one or two components, or two get a single all-encompassing program that monitors everything?

To me the single program that monitors everything seems like a better idea, but that is my opinion and Im NOT good with computers and so I could be completely wrong, Im just looking for advice from more seasoned veterans :)

Thanks in advance for your time and feedback!

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I'm partial to hardware monitor myself, seems to have a faster polling rate than some of the others. Also gathers most of the information I want.

NZXT Cam seems like a combination of several tools. Typically with games I would use an internal FPS counter. I'm not a huge fan of cloud based data gathering for the sake of data gathering either. Clutters up the global storage solutions, and I'm sure they've found a way to monetize the anonymous data.

ctx1b007

Prominent
Jun 4, 2017

So you would reccomend to go with several different programs each specializing in monitoring just one or two components as opposed to one big overarching program?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Bumping is frowned upon, check the forum rules.

I don't really recommend anything over another and your needs or wants may vary. If I get realistic numbers out of a tool I use it. If I find one or more untrustworthy I will run multiple tools to compare. Once I have settled in a computer I usually stop monitoring except for the occasional check.

NZXT Cam seems like it would use a lot of resources to gather all that information, also the APIs for GPU overclocking, and the cloud stuff, a bit much. And overlays are often caught by anti-cheat mechanisms in games so that feature I might only use when testing.

One tool with all the things running or a few specialized tools gathering the specific information you want. Really up to you.

ctx1b007

Prominent
Jun 4, 2017

Ok I think I'll make the decision to go with nzxt cam, one last question though and that is when I was watching a youtuber review nzxt cam he said to make sure that any other GPU monitoring program is turned off, so in my case would be GPU Tweak, as he warned that "things could go very wrong when running both of them at the same time"

is that true??

TRENDING THREADS