21:9 monitor, can it run a ps3 by 16:9?

LeGeNdSChAoS

Commendable
Jan 10, 2017
Hello guys,
So long story short, got a new monitor which is 21:9 aspect ratio and It's great but.. I can't seem to find out how can it support ps3 on a 16:9 aspect ratio because it gets all stretched up if I leave it on it's native resolution. The monitor is lg-25UM58-P and it comes with some onscreen control applications and even in there I can find an option for the ratio, but whenever I try to turn it down to basic 16:9 I get a message: "Please check the feature is enabled on your monitor setting and try again". As far as I know there isn't such an option on the monitor controls itself.

So if anyone has an idea how can I run ps3 on a 21:9 monitor, by having black bars on the sides and a 16:9 ratio I'll be glad.

LeGeNdSChAoS

Commendable
Jan 10, 2017
Maybe but I refuse to believe it since at least I'm certain that you can do this within nvdia/amd control panel by selecting the resolution you'd want and the scale for the monitor itself.. And thus having a PIP mode in which you can connect 2 pc's to 1 monitor I think it's possible there could be some kind of a solution. Still if someone has ideas he can share.