monitor hz help

Solution
depends on how much fps u expect, the monitor will only give u benefit up to 75 fps
btw since it has freesync i suggest u get an AMD gpu instead, RX 470 maybe...

hertz aren't meant for compatibility, it acts as a unit
how much hz your monitor had will define how much fps will matter inside the game (like this, if u had 75hz monitor, fps that exceed 75 won't affect your gameplay)

Rexper

Respectable
BANNED
Apr 12, 2017
I'm not sure of your question here. By 'hertz' I assume you a referring to the monitor's refresh rate. The actuall hertz measurement in the monitors refresh rate just described the amount of time the screen refreshes or essential display a new image per second.

Any refresh rate should be compatible with any computer.

depends on how much fps u expect, the monitor will only give u benefit up to 75 fps
btw since it has freesync i suggest u get an AMD gpu instead, RX 470 maybe...

hertz aren't meant for compatibility, it acts as a unit
how much hz your monitor had will define how much fps will matter inside the game (like this, if u had 75hz monitor, fps that exceed 75 won't affect your gameplay)

Solution

If he want to use it for games, i5 is better, if he needs it as a workstation too, ryzen 1600 has the best value/performance

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
He will use a 75Hz monitor, the 1600 does 75 fps and more in most games on the market. Meaning he'll benefit from 2 extra cores and 8 extra threads for *free*.

The Intel i5 performs better in gaming in theory, but there is just no excuse to get one over RYZEN 5 CPU's as they are good enough in gaming besides being superior in other purposes, far more future proof too.

I wouldn't recommend Intel i5 processors unless we're talking about IPC addicts.

well why u got an i5 in your build also what do you mean by ipc addicts

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
My build is 2.5 years old. If RYZEN was released 2.5 years ago I would've gotten that.

IPC addicts = People who want the highest instructions per core =best potential for highest framerates.

Then we're talking about framerates far above 100's though.

The general consumer doesn't need the highest IPC, they need the best price/performance one IMO.

am i one?