Windows 10 Desktop Icons Flickering Issue

ihakkim

Prominent
Jun 13, 2017
Windows Desktop Icon Flickering, Browsers Refreshing Automatically. Install or Uninstall Icons Flickering ... See My Tweet On This Issue

I am so much confused and disappointed with this issue. Please click and see Tweet on this issue to understanding my PC's problem. I have attached videos of my PC's issues with this Tweet. Please give me a solution in this thread or the Tweet. That's really useful for me and others suffering causing this issue.

Solution
Have you checked to see if your F5 key is stuck in the down position. Pressing F5 causes a refresh of the desktop which makes the icons reload (split second blink). Pressing F5 on a web browser causes the page to reload (also "refresh"). Holding F5 on the list of programs to uninstall causes the list to refresh (flash/flicker). Press/depress it several times to see if you can break it loose.

I see that MS also said it may be a problem with your display driver. Have you tried to update the driver, or rollback to a previous version of the driver? [More information].

If the above doesn't help, maybe someone else can jump in and help.

gardenman

Splendid
Have you checked to see if your F5 key is stuck in the down position. Pressing F5 causes a refresh of the desktop which makes the icons reload (split second blink). Pressing F5 on a web browser causes the page to reload (also "refresh"). Holding F5 on the list of programs to uninstall causes the list to refresh (flash/flicker). Press/depress it several times to see if you can break it loose.

I see that MS also said it may be a problem with your display driver. Have you tried to update the driver, or rollback to a previous version of the driver? [More information].

If the above doesn't help, maybe someone else can jump in and help.

Solution