Help me decide between two monitors

Xenoraiser

Commendable
May 26, 2017
I'm currently torn between two monitors. I'm looking at either the Samsung C24FG70 or Acer Predator XB241H. My build is an i5-7600k OC'd to 4.5GHz paired with a 1060 6GB OC'd to 2080MHz core clock and just under 9300MHz memory clock. Right there it'd make the Predator seem like the obvious pick since I'm running an Nvidia GPU and the Predator has G-sync while the Samsung has Freesync (therefore it'd be a wasted feature on me). However, I can get the Samsung for about $75 cheaper and I've heard great things about its color and overall image quality. That and having a curved display would be nice.

Each have their advantages over the other, which would you suggest for me?

EDIT: So I can actually get the Samsung for $230 if I order it off their website.

Solution
seems it is a better option to go with the predator xb241h if you go with gaming

xb241h:
advantage: overclockable refresh rate, speaker, more efficient(if you care bout dis lel)
disadvantage: tn panel, no g-sync

c24fg70:
advantage: a bit better panel, curved, have more hdmi port(2 port)
disadvantage: no g-sync

remember freesync only works for amd, i never really heard about gaming on samsung monitor and they also kinda lacking on g-sync

nvincent_08

Reputable
seems it is a better option to go with the predator xb241h if you go with gaming

xb241h:
advantage: overclockable refresh rate, speaker, more efficient(if you care bout dis lel)
disadvantage: tn panel, no g-sync

c24fg70:
advantage: a bit better panel, curved, have more hdmi port(2 port)
disadvantage: no g-sync

remember freesync only works for amd, i never really heard about gaming on samsung monitor and they also kinda lacking on g-sync

Solution

max64751

Honorable
May 28, 2017

What he said