144hz monitor only displaying 60hz even though it's set to 144hz

SDK951

Commendable
Jun 13, 2017
I recently bought a ASUS VG248QE from amazon and set it up with the DVI Dual link that it came with. Every setting says it's running 144hz, but for some reason it isn't actually running at 144hz. Windows settings, NVidia CP, and the monitor menu itself all say it's set to 144hz, but when testing on a site, and just looking at it, it's only running 60hz. I've tried 3 different wires. 2 Dual Link DVI's and a Display Port. This is the second monitor. I returned the first one thinking it was a problem with the monitor but this second is having the same problem so it has to be on my end somewhere. I've uninstalled my display drivers and reinstalled them. I don't know what else I can do.

Solution
Maybe the site is wrong?
if it's set to 144hz in all the settings, it should be running at it.
It's harder to tell the difference without a high action thing to see.

SDK951

Commendable
Jun 13, 2017

I've had 5+ friends test the site and it's worked for them, and i'm just not seeing a difference no matter what I do. I'll turn it down to 60 then go back to playing and I don't notice a difference at all, while others say the difference is night and day. I plan on taking it to a friends house tomorrow to see if it runs on their computers. Can you think of anything that might cause this? Maybe the connection to the GPU being messed up?

SDK951

Commendable
Jun 13, 2017

That's my internal struggle right now. I don't actually have a friend in real life with a 144hz. So i'm stuck taking everyones word that the difference is night and day and there's no way you wouldn't notice. I do have perfect vision though. No glasses/contacts etc so I don't see how I wouldn't notice while others say the difference is so massive.

SDK951

Commendable
Jun 13, 2017

Well I ran that test on firefox, and it says it's running 144hz. So. I just don't notice it like everyone else says for some reason. I really don't understand why or how, but I guess people over exaggerate. Sorry for wasting your time, thanks for all the responses.