Will I be protected from the Wannacry virus, if I update to the Windows 10 Creators update?

dannymozzer

Reputable
Sep 15, 2016
Hi,

This is a simple question, and I'm asking here because I have been seeing all sorts of mixed answers on the internet.

LONG QUESTION: I'm currently on Window 10 1607 (Anniversary Update) and I have the patch that protects me from the Wannacry. I know this is sort of old news at this point, but I know it's still around.

If I update from my current version of Windows 10, to the new Creators update, will I need to apply any patches, or is it automatically protected? Because in order to get the patch for this version, I had to manually download it, and I couldn't see a patch for the Creators update.

SHORT QUESTION: If updating to the Creators Update, do I need a patch to protect from Wannacry, or is it automatically safe the moment it installs?

Please answer in a sort of full manner. Not simply 'Yes' or 'No', please expand on your answer.

Thanks,
Daniel

Solution
all version updates include all the previous changes, so if you get the Creators Edition, it already has the protection from that ransomware built in.

dannymozzer

Reputable
Sep 15, 2016

Thank you very much.