What the hell happened to my screen brightness

abdullahtahir

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016
After updating to windows 10 my screen brightness is dimmed, ive set everything to 100%, ive even set screen brightness to 100% when dimmed but there is something thats changed and I cannot get my screen brightness the same, as bright as it was,

Can anyone help out with this because its really bloody frustrating.

Solution

Nah...
What kind of computer?

I've had this issue with HPs...the HotKey support (supports changing brightness via FN keys) from the vendor must be downloaded & installed, and occasionally Windows Updates (the large roll-outs like Anniversary Update, etc) will mess it up & it must be re-installed. I think my Dell had issues with it until the system-specific software for it was installed too.

abdullahtahir

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016

Its a HP-350 with AMD A8, and I've searched up on it a little, what I've found out is that some processing cards, espeically AMD and low end intel have problems with windows 10, and only way to fix it is by switching the graphics card to the microsoft one which wont be able to support my gaming. So in a tight spot.

Nah.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-350-g1-notebook-pc/6709440

This package contains the HP System Event Utility, which enables special function keys on supported notebook models to be programmed. For example, HP System Event Utility enables users to press the Fn+ESC keys to view system information. This package is provided for supported models running a supported operating system.

^That's what you're after. "System Event Utility". Change to Windows 7 or 8.1 if you don't see it listed under 10 - it will still install on W10.

Solution