What is the difference between these two graphics cards?

Shade_Koopa

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2014
GEFORCE® GTX 1050 TI AERO ITX 4G OC vs GEFORCE® GTX 1050 TI 4G OC

Looking into getting a new GPU card. Figured I'd give MSI GTX 1050TI a shot.Other then how the GPU look, I don't really know what that makes the AERO ITX different from it's standard. I would like to know what the difference is between MSI two card?

They seem to be the same. I don't spot any significant difference.
600.png

600.png

The MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4G OC is 22mm longer. At first I though this meant a larger heatsink and/or cooling fan. If you examine the detailed photos on newegg. The actual heatsinks on both appear to be of identical length. If you measure the fan size relative to the PCIe pins on the bottom the fan size is the same. Spec wise and factory overclock are identical.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?CompareItemList=-1%7C14-137-091%5E14-137-091%2C14-137-056%5E14-137-056

Looking at the design of the shroud. I'd think the Aero model would have better cooling. As the shroud more closely conforms to the size of the fan and rear vent. So you would have air better channeled through the fins, more hot air exhausted from the case and less re-circulation of hot air. Of course the roomier shroud may allow more freedom of air movement and work better.

I'd just buy whichever is cheaper. If noise or OC performance is important to you. You should be looking at a dual fan model.