screen goes black intermittently

Ovidiu_4

Prominent
Jun 14, 2017
Rarely, my monitor goes black intermittenly for a few seconds,just like what it happens when you plug in a second monitor while the pc is still on. Also, this only happened when my second monitor wasn't plugged in. My second monitor's ratio is 4:3 and it connects through a VGA cable and my laptops's monitor is 16:9. Could this affect my graphic's card in the future or cause any type of problem to my laptop?

Solution

Not at all.

I had the same issue with my work laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad T430). All I did was made sure the displays were extended and used the resolution that my LAPTOP monitor had. But again; this is on a Thinkpad using Intel Display Software.

My suggestion is to try updating the drivers if able and/or trying different cables...

iS_tech_geek

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011

Not at all.

I had the same issue with my work laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad T430). All I did was made sure the displays were extended and used the resolution that my LAPTOP monitor had. But again; this is on a Thinkpad using Intel Display Software.

My suggestion is to try updating the drivers if able and/or trying different cables (if using an external monitor).

Solution