PC Freeze on first startup - forces me to restart...

onorther

Reputable
Nov 28, 2014
Hey everyone, recently about half a month ago I started having this issue in Windows 10 when I start up the PC, windows loads and freezes right away.
Then when I press the restart button on the PC case, the windows loads just fine.
The problem won't show, only until the computer hasn't been used for like 24 hours or more. If I shut the comptuer down and then start it up like 3 hours later it will load just fine. but a day later it will freeze again at start up, making me have to do this restart. it's very annoying and not healthy for the pc parts.... =/

Any idea what could cause this?

Thanks.

Sounds like some capacitor or similar component, either from your mobo or your PSU is having trouble getting properly charged, after the first attempt it charges correctly and operates as it should until it gets completely discharged, that's why you can boot with no issues 3 hours later but not the day after.

Only way to figure out which is the culprit is by using another PSU, if the problem persists it's some component in the mobo.

onorther

Reputable
Nov 28, 2014

Thank you very much for helping me. I am not the best PC tech kind of guy. it there an easier way to figure whether it's the Mobo or PSU I don't know how to test the PSU.. can I maybe 'unload' the electricity from the PSU then I shall check if it starts propely minutes later? I still have warranty for 4 monthes on both PSU and Mobo so I want to find the problem.. :(