How much will running 3000MHz RAM at 2933MHZ affect performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moobox

Prominent
May 13, 2017
So I've had nothing but issues with my ASUS STRIX Z270H motherboard. Been through 3 sets of RAM and can not get any of them to run over 2933MHz.

Instead of RMAing the board I'm thinking of just living with it. Been dealing with ASUS customer service for a month and I'm so done with them.

Wondering if it's a big deal to run my 16GB of Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHZ at 2933MHz. I know the actual speed difference is minimal, but are there other consequences to doing that?

You can run them at 2666mhz and probably will not notice a difference in gaming. Unless you are doing some heavy tasks, high clocked memory is just sitting there.

I'm more surprised that ASUS hasn't mention anything about that though.

Jan_26

Commendable
Jun 30, 2016
The difference between 2933 and 3000 is below being measurable, it will vanish in statistic error margins. Let alone noticing a difference in an application.

Only way to get closer to 3000 would be playing with BCLK, but I would avoid that until you gain some decent experience with overclocking in general. Plus to get 33MHz more on RAM speed it would be more of a training/cosmetic purpose than practical gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.