XP to 10 need help badly.

steve_229

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017
Ok so here's a big issue. I can only get Linux or xp on my laptop. No other windows recognises the hard drive. I've tried changing from jbod to raid 1. It's a Toshiba tecra 4. 100 gig sata drive, 4 gig ram. I've tried finding drivers and located tons but none worked when inside the windows install.

steve_229

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017
It's not just ten, no windows after xp finds the hard drive, including Vista. And the laptop says Vista on it. I read it's about the Intel mobile chipset used needing special drivers? It's a S4 pts40c-mc301e with the 100 gig sata drive and 4 gigs of RAM. It only says centrino duo on the case but the model number and websites suggest it's the 2 duo. It says it's 64 bit compatible as well but I've only tried 32 bit versions, because they work on both. I've tried adding drivers to the Vista and 7 install USB to point to for the mass storage controller but I'm not getting the right one. I've seen others with this on win 7 that didn't have any issues. And the case says Vista so I shouldn't have any issues with that at. I'm thinking perhaps it's not the oem drive? St9100821as is the model. And the chipset for sata and storage is ich7 family ich7m/mdh. The chipset is mobile express 945