My PC keeps freezing!

Morais13

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017
Hello guys! heuheuhe

It's my first time posting on this forum, and it seems pretty good! I hope that there is some one that could help me. So... my pc keeps freezing and I don't know why. I already have been searching on other foruns for people with the same problem and I found it. But for some reason, after doing some steps, my pc still crashing :(

Things that I already did:

- I followed this steps (I couldn't do the last step because I didn't find those settings on my BIOS)

- I changed some options on windows, "Energy Options";

- Updated my drivers;

- Cleaned my pc;

My computer specs:

CPU: AMD FX 8320 3.5GHz 8-Core AM3+
Graphic Cards: MSI GTX960 Armor
Motherboard: MSI 970A SLI Krait Edition
Ram: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
Storage: Western Digital 1TB SATA III 64MB Blue
Cooler CPU: Cooler Master Hyper 103
Power Supply: Corsiar CX600 80+

Did your PC froze while doing this post?

- HELL YEAH!

I don't know if you guys understood my problem (sry for bad engrish) but if you need more info just ask me :)

Thank you all!

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
You have the latest bios? "2016-06-24 Version P.4". Can check in the bios itself or do the next,

download hwinfo32,
install and open it=click run,
look at the "System Summary"(the top window) and look at the left bottom corner for the bios version.

Ram is working at rated speed and timings? Can check under the memory settings at the right lower half of the System Summary. Or look at cpu-z (freeware/other tool) and look at the current speed and imngs under the "memory tab" and compare to the settings under the "SPD tab" and look at the "XMP settings".

Other thing you can try is test with another psu if you can. Maybe from a friend or a local shop ...

Morais13

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017

Bios: how do I update it?
Memory: I don't know :)

About the cpu... I don't know how to check that so, if you can, check that print.

btw when my pc freezes, the red light (hdd light) is not blinking.

Faike

Notable
Mar 27, 2017

With a freezing PC I would NOT recommend you update your Bios at the moment or risk bricking your motherboard.
What do you see when it freezes?
Does it make any audio?
Have you tried another HDD?

Morais13

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017

My mouse and keyboard doesn't work.
There is no audio.
I haven't tried another HDD, but I did the disck check and didn't get any problem :/

Faike

Notable
Mar 27, 2017

Your mouse and keyboard aren't working at all?
Do you hear any beeps when computer is booting?
I would do the following to test:
1) Unplug your GPU and try booting just to see
2) Move your ram to a different slot, try booting
3) Unplug your HD, see if anything happens there
4) Reset your BIOS (by shorting 2 of the pins)

Sorry this is a bit vague as I'm confused what you mean by crashing. Is it crashing on boot? Is it just not loading? Is it making any noise? Are fans spinning or starting to spin then stopping? Do you perhaps have a screw or something in the case shorting your board? Did this start happening after any new changes? Are you getting BSOD's or complete freezes?
Test GPU first then PSU.

Morais13

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017

1) Yes. My mouse, keyboard an audio doesn't work at all. It's all frozen;
2) I unpluged my GPU and turned on my PC and did a couple of beeps;
3) I didn't unpluged my HDD but I will;
4) I didn't tes my PSU;
5) When I turn on my PC there is no beeps;
6) I unpluged that battery on the motherboard, but I'm not sure that my BIOS reseted... xD

I'm sorry if I sound like a retarded to you, but I don't understand those PC problems and srsly don't know where the problem is coming (I think it comes from my HDD)

Btw, it crashes while I'm on google and playing, and all the fans are spining (the gpu fans just works when I'm playing).

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
1) Can we use the "reply to" button to a minimum or at least edit out what's not important? This is getting hard to read.Makes me want to quit following this thread.
2)@ Morais13,don't bump a thread again.You did it in a clever way,but it is still against forum rules.

Then to the problem.
1)From what i get are the two modules you use for ram not from one package/set? If so might this give problems. You could try and up the voltage for them since stock is 1.5V and you could go up to 1.65V. Maybe first set the voltage to 1.55V manually and see if this helps.
2)You have the first bios on that motherboard so that may also be why you have problems. Do you have freezes when being in the bios?

Morais13

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017
I just have one stick of ram and it freezes again. Btw, when I unpluged that battery that the motherboard has, I played cs:go for more than an hour and then the PC freezed again. I beat the record beacause, before doing that, my PC was freezing 10 in 10 minutes...

Faike

Notable
Mar 27, 2017
I meant that. Like can you ctrl alt delete or is it a hard boot down (like resetting the computer).
Does it crash when you're idle doing nothing or only when you're looking at stuff?
Do you have a realtek audio driver?
If it freezes and the audio kinda repeats itself and you have to hard reboot its a driver issue between the realtek drivers and your gpu drivers usually.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Can you check that if in the bios you truly get a freeze? I really think that it needs to be updated,but that isn't a good idea when having freezes when in the bios.
If you have freezes in the bios do i think you should look at ram settings,maybe up the ram voltage or trying other ram. You could also look at DOCP or EOCP in the bios enable it and see if there's a 1600mhz profile that can be chosen.

Morais13

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017

I can't ctrl alt delete. It crashes when I'm playing and when I'm using google. The audio doesn't repeat.

Morais13

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017

Ok so... I had my pc on for about an hour inside my BIOS and I didn't get any freeze :)

Faike

Notable
Mar 27, 2017

So it sounds like an issue with windows drivers then or perhaps hardware.
You can try at a great risk to update your BIOS and see if that fixes the issue (using a USB and flashing the bios through your bios, not through Windows) but be warned: If you have ever freezed in your bios you will completely brick your system and you'll need to get a new motherboard.

Also the support page has a bunch of NEW drivers from June:
https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/support/970A-SLI-Krait-Edition.html#down-driver&Win10 64

Here's the bios link:
https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/support/970A-SLI-Krait-Edition.html#down-bios

Another thing you should try which may sound weird:
Disable audio drivers in the BIOS.
Read a few forums that also pointed to the audio drivers causing a crash in Windows 10. People removed Realtek drivers and installed the HD microsoft ones instead and that resolved the issue
Source: https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=272625.0

Another stated it was freezing due to the power supply loads and to reduce your NB SB voltages below 1.3

So I would first:
1) Test audio drivers by disabling them in BIOS and removing them in your computer and preventing them from uninstalling and see what happens
2) If it freezes still (make sure you removed the drivers with revo installer in advanced mode btw to ensure complete removal), then to see if putting down the voltages will fix it.
3) If it still freezes, try and update to the current drivers on the website.
4) And last but not least you can try the bios update THROUGH THE BIOS as some said that fixed the issue for them.

Don't do it all at once, one at a time.

Morais13

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017
Ok, tomorrow I will try all those steps, but I'm not sure if I want to update the BIOS, if none of those steps work, I will take my PC to my local shop and see if we can do something.

Anyways, I will let this post open because I can need more help, but thank you for all your support, from everyone =D =D I rly appreciate it!

Morais13

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017
If I uninstall the realtek audio drivers and install the microsoft ones, do I get any change on audio? And I have the NVIDIA audio drivers and Razer Kraken 7.1 audio drivers installed so.... my sounds still goo right?

Btw, I'm doing like this... is it right?

Morais13

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017

I tried P4 but I couldn't update and, inside the P4 folder, there is no "file" like the P3 folder has. But I will try it one more time.