Keyboard and Mouse Not Working Windows 10 Log in

Hi,
I'm going to start off by saying that the issue i'm having is very strange to me and I will therefore try to explain it as best I can.
I've been having this weird issue for the longest time where if I shut down my computer, once I power it back on and enter windows the keyboard and mouse wont work at all on the log in page. What I usually do to get around this issue is put my computer to sleep instead of turning it off completely. However, in the event of a sudden loss of power I will then be met with the same issue of not being able to log in. When this happens I usually have to either do a system restore and if that doesn't work I will have to reinstall windows entirely which and then install my programs all over again. I've looked at other threads but none of them have seemed to help me resolve the issue in any way. They have suggested that I either:
- Turn off filter keys, which is never on
- Turn on legacy USB support, which is on by default on my motherboard
- Turn on eHCI handover, which also had no effect
- Powering down the system, disconnecting my keyboard and mouse and then reconnecting once the system has rebooted and is in windows (This did not work either)
I should also mention that both my keyboard and mouse work during the post stage of the boot and only go unresponsive upon entering the windows 10 log in screen. Here is a list of the PC components and my connected equipment:
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X99 gaming
CPU: Intel i7-6800k
RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB
GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070
HDD: 2x 1TB Hard Disk drives
Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB
Mouse: Corsair Sabre RGB
I would really appreciate it if someone could help me resolve this issue. Thank you
Reply to ChiefChubbaLubba
1 answer Last reply
More about keyboard mouse working windows log
  1. Hello ChiefChubbaLubba

Probably some Windows updates or incompatibility of any drivers are culprit.

Can you please check and confirm if you obtained the Windows installation media from a trusted source and have followed the Correct Method to Install Windows?

Please report back with the output to allow us to provide you with a better solution if this one fails to resolve the issue.

Cheers!! :)
    Reply to viveknayyar007
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

windows 10 Login Mice Keyboards