DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION - I am at the end of my tether with this.

Carmont492

Prominent
Jun 16, 2017
For a little over a month now, my machine has been crashing, giving me the error mentioned in the title.

I have tried many solutions over the past few weeks, including;

-Check and Fix Corrupted System Files
-Chkdsk
-System file checker
-Driver Updates
-Updated Chip set Driver
-Updated BIOS
-Memtest86
-Clean install of win 10

With regards to the clean install of win10, I had recently installed an SSD into my machine, and booted windows on that. this is when the errors started to occur. At first I suspected the SSD with it being a new addition, so I updated the firmware from the manufacturers website, this didn't help. I then proceeded to remove the SSD from the system, booting back on my HDD. The errors still occurred.

I am out of ideas, and I don't know what to try next. My machine isn't producing minidump files every time it crashes now, so as it stands, I can't provide that information, but it was throwing out bug check code 0x00000133, and calling out ntoskrnl.exe

If I have the chance, I will update this with a minidump file.
UPDATE: Dropbox link to latest minidmp - https://www.dropbox.com/s/qqj3mhl6361ro0s/MiniDMP.zip?dl=0

I am by no means a computer novice, but this is starting to go over my head, so any help would be vastly appreciated.

System Info;

- i7 3930k 3.2GHz
- Asus p9x79 Deluxe
- Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb 1866MHz
- EVGA GTX 690
- Sandisk 240GB SSD
- Western Digital Blue 1TB HDD
- EVGA 750w PSU

If anyone needs anymore information, I will be happy to provide.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Carmont492

Prominent
Jun 16, 2017

It doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing on my machine, I can be gaming, with teamspeak open, YouTube playing music, and multiple tabs in chrome. Or I can simply have my file explorer open. Because of this, I can't replicate the issue to get crash logs, or see if a solution has fixed. It can happen within 10 minutes of booting, or 4 hours.

As for Ram slots and Sata ports, I have tried pretty much every combination of ram and sata ports, this board has 4 Sata ports, an 8 ram slots. I have even tried switching out the Ram for a brand new kit.

Carmont492

Prominent
Jun 16, 2017
Update: I have now performed a clean install of Windows 10 onto the SSD. I figure if I'm going to have to deal with these crashes for now, I can atleast have a fast boot time.

Ralston18

Titan
May be moot at this time because of the clean install....

However, if the error reappears use Event Viewer to look at the system logs.

Hopefully there will one or more log entries just before or at the time of the crash.

Right-clicking the log entry may provide additional detail about what happened.

Carmont492

Prominent
Jun 16, 2017
After some more digging, I found in Event Viewer 'Kernal-Power - Event.ID- 41'

I am going to try get my hands on a PSU, and swap it out with my current one, and see how that goes. Will update when I can.

Any other suggestions in the mean time are welcome and appreciated.

What is your power profile set at? Never sleep /power down anything? Extended times to power down Hard Drives? Did you turn off sleep / fast boot options?

If this occurs when waking from sleep/hibernation state. Also try disabling the hibernation system. This fixed the issue for me on a system with similar behavior that wasn't waking the SSD properly.

Carmont492

Prominent
Jun 16, 2017

I have my power settings to never sleep. Fast boot is turned off. Hard drives are set to never sleep.

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS