stuck at 400% custom scaling and cant access the settings or anything

Solution
is there anything on C drive you want to rescue? try making this on another PC: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/
Also, on another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

if reset doesn't work, you might be best doing a fresh install
Once everything copied off PC using linux or the option below
I inserted my windows installation disk and opened the command prompt. I typed notepad in which obviously opened the notepad. From there I went to file > open which opened a file explorer. I plugged an external hard drive into my USB port, and I searched for all of my most irreplaceable files and copied...

Colif

Win 11 Master
does that setting effect login screen?
if it only comes into play after login, try this
on the login screen, click the power icon.
While holding down the shift key, click restart PC
this loads advanced startup

try starting PC in low resolution video
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose option 3 enable low resolution video and press enter
PC will restart and should only be using low res and perhaps allow you to set a better scaling effect

daydreamslap

Prominent
Jun 11, 2017
i get what your saying but, in my case i do not have anything to restore back to, only to 5 days ago and this problem occurred 1 and a half weeks ago. also when i go to troubleshoot it gives me an option to get rid of everything except for my files but, when i click on it it says failed.

Colif

Win 11 Master
is there anything on C drive you want to rescue? try making this on another PC: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/
Also, on another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

if reset doesn't work, you might be best doing a fresh install
Once everything copied off PC using linux or the option below
I inserted my windows installation disk and opened the command prompt. I typed notepad in which obviously opened the notepad. From there I went to file > open which opened a file explorer. I plugged an external hard drive into my USB port, and I searched for all of my most irreplaceable files and copied them onto the external drive, then once I finished, I plugged my drive into my Mac and confirmed that all the files are all there.

then I would use the Win 10 installer and fresh install win 10
change boot order in BIOS so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
follow this guide: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

when you reach the screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished

On the screen where you choose where to install win 10, if it gives you an error about GPT drives, delete all the partitions on the hdd and press next. If it still gives error, cancel out of the installer and restart PC and start installer again, it will accept next on that screen this time (some PC just need a restart here)

Solution