can't get laptop to use monitor's max resolution!

valsmidhanc

Prominent
Jun 18, 2017
I have laptop with 1366 x 768 resolution, and i wasted 300$ on 1920x1080 monitor. I use VGA and Intel HD Graphics (64MB Vram), laptop is HP 250. Please help me fix the issue i cannot get my monitor to MAX resolution, if i dont get any answers that will actually help im probably doing suicide, i already had suicidal thoughs, so please help save my life!

Solution
are you running in clone mode or extend mode or is the laptop screen being disabled while displaying on the external monitor?

if you are cloning the laptop to the external its is limited to the highest res they both support(as your intel hd does not support running clone mode at 2 different res). you actually have to use extend mode or standalone mode to have a chance at getting the full resolution on the external monitor
are you running in clone mode or extend mode or is the laptop screen being disabled while displaying on the external monitor?

if you are cloning the laptop to the external its is limited to the highest res they both support(as your intel hd does not support running clone mode at 2 different res). you actually have to use extend mode or standalone mode to have a chance at getting the full resolution on the external monitor

Solution