MSI Command center OC

F3KINGchris

Prominent
Jun 18, 2017
This isn't so much a question but more of a little advice for first time builders and pc enthusiast.

I recently finished my first gaming pc build

Specs
-i56600k (4.5 overclock)
-Msi gtx 1070 gaming X
-Msi Z270 Sli Plus
-Gskill 3200 ripsaw 16gb
- Hyper 212x cooler
- Kingston 256gb ssd
- WD blue 1 TB
- EVGA 600w psu
- Bitfenix Neos case x 4 case fans

So after building my first fairly capable gaming rig I turned my attention to see how much performance I could actually squeeze out of it.

Take in to account that up until 3 weeks ago I didn't know what cpu, gpu, psu, xmp ,overclock, any of it meant. Please take it easy on me I was but a humble console player.

So I did what everybody does when they don't know how to do something I went to google for my answers on overclocking etc.

Wow there was a heap of information and a heap of different oppinions. So much so that with the amount of conflicting information I was reading it was literally scaring the shit out of me.

I was like I don't think I want to overclock my cpu and fry it I don't want to damage any of my stuff I just spent a small fortune building this thing.

Alas Msi Command center to the rescue!!!!

What an awesome bit of software for someone like myself who is just getting used to the whole pc realm.

No having to go into bios and change setting then test them go back into bio change them again so on so forth.

Change your clock settings on the fly while being able to monitor vitals and stress/bench live. Set the voltage to auto and select your clock speed, run your stress and watch vitals. If your pc crashes reboot and all default setting are back.

You can save your overclocking profiles and load them up for when you want them not to mention that the program has an OC Genie that auto clocked my cpu to 4.1

I guess what I'm saying is if your a bit of a dummy/noob like myself that is a little apprehensive about playing with these setting you should seriously consider investing any of the Z170/270 series Msi motherboards.

Any way that's my 2 cents

urbancamper

Distinguished
Sorry dude. Command Center sucks eggs. Better to go on YouTube and look at some of the 100s of tutorials so you can learn overclock the proper way through the bios.

While I like my MSI mb. Some of their apps are nothing more then bloatware, and that would include Command Center.