Windows 10 4K looks bad

B0rTz1

Reputable
Jan 18, 2015
Hi, I just bought a 4K display. The text in the browser looks very crispy, but some programs like Spotify look kind of fuzzy, like they've been upscaled. Also, when for example I go to my Downloads folder, the icons and text are super small.

Are these problems because I didn't set up Windows correctly for 4K or just because the programs weren't updated for 4K and because Windows upscaling is bad?

Solution
I've been using 10 with a 4k monitor for the better part of a year now. What you've said is right though, it happens with programs that weren't updated for 4k and Windows scaling is somewhat bad.

All I can say is, it works better now than it did back when I first got my monitor, so it's definitely improving over time (with Windows updates etc). Someone else may have a real solution to this, but nonetheless welcome to the 4k scaling issues club :p

cheese9k

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
I've been using 10 with a 4k monitor for the better part of a year now. What you've said is right though, it happens with programs that weren't updated for 4k and Windows scaling is somewhat bad.

All I can say is, it works better now than it did back when I first got my monitor, so it's definitely improving over time (with Windows updates etc). Someone else may have a real solution to this, but nonetheless welcome to the 4k scaling issues club :p

Solution