How do I backup all of my applications along with the Windows?

SirDarknight

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2013
Is there any way to create a media/drive/disc/img so that I can use it to restore Windows to the current state?

Example, I've 95 software/apps installed in my PC, along with a lot of customization/themes etc. So, if my Windows or HDD crashes for some reason, is there any way I can use a flash drive to install Windows along with all those apps and customizations.
Basically, I just don't want to spend all that time installing 100+ apps/software everytime I've to re-install Windows.

Solution
Yep. sure is and it's free with windows. Backup and restore will do exactly what you want, back up all data and create an image along with a system repair disc. You can save it to a bunch of DVD's. Flash drive (big one), external hard drive, or network location.

Or you can pay some money for basically the same feature

And a couple more things to consider, it's free, it works, I've got mine set up to run a full backup every week to a removable drive. So if all hell broke loose on my PC and I install five new drives... everything, all programs, data, customization's would be restored.

t53186

Distinguished
Yep. sure is and it's free with windows. Backup and restore will do exactly what you want, back up all data and create an image along with a system repair disc. You can save it to a bunch of DVD's. Flash drive (big one), external hard drive, or network location.

Or you can pay some money for basically the same feature

And a couple more things to consider, it's free, it works, I've got mine set up to run a full backup every week to a removable drive. So if all hell broke loose on my PC and I install five new drives... everything, all programs, data, customization's would be restored.

Solution

Kiril_Petkov

Commendable
Feb 15, 2016
The best way is to use some backup solution Acronis or similar and make HDD image. The img should be on disk,other HDD, NAS, cloud. Do this one time every month and you will have point of return.