Best Cases (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydster01

Prominent
Jul 12, 2017
what about the phanteks p400 tempered glass. its the best deal ive seen on a tempered glass pc case as it includes a rgb led strip and fan control hub at a price of 79 bucks (on newegg)

balearic

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2007
Sad how PC builds are created by which components look the best, instead of about performance. Spend more money on lights and over kill motherboards.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
There are links to all the reviews in the article. Only reviewed products win awards, only awarded products show up in the awards showcase.

hmazuji

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2007
point of failure with my current case is the power on/off button, which was made of plastic. the plastic "spring" dry rotted after a few years and collapsed. that was the deal breaker. before, the rubber mounting straps had dry rotted and broke, so i mounted my hard drives a different way, but i could live with that. now, whenever i look at a review that doesn't say that the on/off switch is made of metal, i don't look at the review. i think this should be an important consideration in your ratings. if there's a plastic part that is a user interface, the product needs not be considered for review. i realize this will eliminate a lot of products, but so what. who wants a case with a broken on/off switch?

32starview

Commendable
Mar 8, 2016
Anybody have any comments on the new Thermaltake Core G21 with dual tempered galss ? Seems to have good ventilation and easy to assemble. Am looking at getting it once I find a sale.

dvellios

Prominent
Oct 20, 2017
Can you build a chart with all of the case temps and a separate chart acoustic performance listed in one area for an easy comparison? It's very time consuming to click on each review to see two or three random cases compared. Even though the cases would be from different size categories it would help people decide what form factor would best suit there individual tastes for heat and noise.

dennphill

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2012

Sodersterom's article very interesting. Still looking at my last choice (mATX build with my first Intel, an i5), a Corsair AIR240s in white, and I am still tickled with that choice. Great case, easy build, looks good (still). Still, did not see anything (yet) of interest for my next build. Keep up the good reviews and equipment summaries. :)

peter.shrosbree

Prominent
Nov 13, 2017
Is this page broken? Besides the first paragraph and the three best PC case updates I don;t see an article here. I don't see it in Chrome, Firefox or Edge on Windows 10.

Co BIY

Splendid
I agree with HMAZUJI - the quality of the switches should be part of every case review. I have been disappointed with the quality of the switches on builder enthusiast cases but OEM builders seem to understand their importance.

The switches on HP and Dell cases are very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.