"USB Receiver" - code 28

Wujciochujcio

Prominent
Jun 19, 2017
Hello,

I use Clevo P177-SM laptop on Windows 7 64.

Today i have bought wireless Logitech G602 mouse. When i connected it the "USB Receiver" (listed twice for some reason) installation popped up, but it failed. When I checked in device manager there was the same problem. After going into properties of these it says that drivers were not installed (code 28). For some reason my images are not visible on forum so i post links:
atn0Xe3.jpg

I already tried Logitech's connection troubleshooting. I uninstalled all USB drivers, my old mouse drivers (also logitech but using so called "unifying" dongle"). Everything was automatically reinstalled after pc restart. I also ran sfc /scannow (without any errors), used hardware troubleshooting from microsoft. My old mouse installed with no problem after being connected but i noticed something strange - when both dongles are connected there are FOUR "USB Receivers" without drivers. When old mouse installed these were not listed. It seems that the old mouse doesn't need them, it installed some other driver and it works.
2wRC3zN.jpg

I am really worried about this. It seems that there is something wrong with my usb port drivers. My wacom tablet also works ok. I really wouldn't like to format my pc. Could you please help me to get the new mouse to work?

Go to manufacturer website of your laptop, download latest chipset update. In Computer manager at last should be universal serial bus controllers it would update that to the latest on website, if it doesn't help you can uninstall them and restart laptop and it shall reinstall them.Keep in mind that it will disable usb port when you uninstall it.