resetting and activation of genuine windows

Abdullah_42

Prominent
Jun 20, 2017
Hello guys...i want to know that if i reset my windows 10(genuine)..then during resetting pc will ask to enter the product key?...and after resetting my windows will genuine or become a copy?...m waiting for answer..

Solution
Resetting shouldn't change anything re: activation.

A clean install would prompt you to enter a key, but you can skip that using the "I don't have a key" option, and once you're online and it can communicate with MS's servers, it'll activate.

Ensure you're using the same version of Windows (ie Home) as that's what your key is for - if you install Pro (for example), it won't activate.
It'll active whether you install x86 or x64...... but 99% of the time, you want x64.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Resetting shouldn't change anything re: activation.

A clean install would prompt you to enter a key, but you can skip that using the "I don't have a key" option, and once you're online and it can communicate with MS's servers, it'll activate.

Ensure you're using the same version of Windows (ie Home) as that's what your key is for - if you install Pro (for example), it won't activate.
It'll active whether you install x86 or x64...... but 99% of the time, you want x64.

Solution