BenQ GW2765HT set up for photo editing

kuuan

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
hi, just bought a Benq GW2765HT and my main purpose will be photo editing.
It's my first decent monitor and I am at loss:
how to calibrate?
even more basic: how to set up the monitor?
in the menu I can go to "Picture Advanced" > "Picture Mode" > and there I have 8 choices, 2 of them are "photo" and "sRGB". These two look very distinct from each other, the "photo" setting is much bluer, the "sRGB" much more yellow. Which is the one to choose for photo editing, to get the colors as accurate as possible?
thank you,
andreas

kuuan

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
thank you. You say sRGB. Since you say "I think" I hope for someone to second. This because the "photo" setting makes image look rather blue, the "sRGB" setting much more yellow...they are so different from each other, so to get that setting right is the first step, later maybe look into calibrating.

kuuan

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
yes, when set to sRGB e.g. google looks "white", but a white that looks "yellowish" when compared to the white when set to "photo" which, in comparison, looks "blueish".

• in the user manual it says:
    setting "Photo": For viewing still images.
    setting "sRGB": For better color matching representation with the peripheral devices, such as printers, digital cameras, etc
hm...I suppose that sRGB will be the correct setting, but the option "photo" makes this a bit confusing.
I just emailed to BenQ support, curious if and which answer I'll get

kuuan

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
correct is the sRGB setting, here the answer of BenQ support:

"Dear customer,

Thanks for contacting BenQ Support.

After checking with our technical engineer, we suggested that you could set OSD to sRGB mode and set photoshop (software) to sRGB format to match with monitor OSD sRGB.
Photoshop sRGB color setting information for you reference: http://www.color-management-guide.com/photoshop-color-settings.html

Thank you!

BenQ Support.

Solution