GTX1050ti not detected by motherboard (1 long beep 3 short beeps problem)

Trigerr

Prominent
Jun 21, 2017
Hi, I recently bought a Zotac GTX 1050Ti OC edition , but when i tried to boot my pc the bios beeps shows the tel tale signs of the 1 long beep 3 short beeps ( Something wrong with the motherboard establishing a link with the GPU) .im currently using a Gigabyte P-75-D3 rev 1.0 Motherboard , 8 Gb of DDR3 RAM ( dual channel, 2x4 GB) and a 500 watt PSU

I already tried the following methods (but still cant get it to work) that I read in here and some other places

> Re seating the GPU and ram

> CMOS reset (via battery removal)

> BIOS updates

> Removing the existing GPU drivers ( for my old GTX650.)

> BIOS tweaks ( in some threads including one which is similar to my problem. Same graphics card and motherboard. It says that I need to disable secure boot, but cant seem to find the settings for that)

Also, somehow when booting up before the bios beeps the pc will restart itself which does not happen when i'm using my old GTX 650.

I know this is somewhat of a usual issue but I would like to ask for additional tips and advice from the folks around here ( again already looked up the threads with similar issues and cant seem to find a fix for my Issue at hand). Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Solution
It could be that the onboard GPU is set to turn on first, to fix this go into the bios and set the priority to the PCI video card instead of the onboard video also enable CSM or legacy support and disable secure boot, just keep looking in every setting in the bios until you find it.
If that still won't work you should try testing the card on another computer like a friend's PC and if the GPU still won't display anything then it might be a faulty gpu. It should however still be under warranty so send it back and they will replace it with a new one.

TennoSkoom

Prominent
Mar 19, 2017
It could be that the onboard GPU is set to turn on first, to fix this go into the bios and set the priority to the PCI video card instead of the onboard video also enable CSM or legacy support and disable secure boot, just keep looking in every setting in the bios until you find it.
If that still won't work you should try testing the card on another computer like a friend's PC and if the GPU still won't display anything then it might be a faulty gpu. It should however still be under warranty so send it back and they will replace it with a new one.

Solution