Software can't start after Windows 10 auto update

bioibe

Prominent
Jun 21, 2017
I installed a text to speech software on Windows 10 64 bit a few weeks ago, it worked with no problem. But since the operating system Windows 10 updated to creator update (version 1703), the software stopped working, it could not start to run, i.e., I clicked the executable file, it didn't start to run. I double clicked the software icon, it still did not run.

Here is the download link for the text to speech software:
http://www.panopreter.com/en/products/panopreter/download64bit.php

I don't know what is wrong, I want to know does this software work on other Windows 10 machines, or this error only occurred on my Windows 10 computer. Is this a compatibility issue with the latest Windows 10 creator update? Thank you for your help!

Solution

Likely so. I haven't tried it on other Win 10 versions but it appears you have.

I would contact the author and see what they say. I did notice that the download page did not list the software as being Win 10 compatible, so if it has been a while since the program has been updated, then the author may no longer be developing it and may not do anything about it.

Good luck.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I downloaded 64-bit Panopreter from the link and tried it in on my test system. My test system has the Creators Update, version 1703.

The program did NOT work for me. I tried the program in compatibility mode for Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8. It still did not run for me.

Consider contacting the author and see if they can help you.

bioibe

Prominent
Jun 21, 2017
Thank you very much for your relies! They are helpful.

Now I know this problem does not occur only on my Windows 10 PC. I also tried the same 64 bit software on another Windows 7 64 bit computer(not in compatibility mode), it works fine.

Only the 64 bit Panopreter can't start to run on the latest Windows 10. In fact, it worked well before May. Can we say this is a compatiblity issue with Windows 10 version 1703?

gardenman

Splendid

Likely so. I haven't tried it on other Win 10 versions but it appears you have.

I would contact the author and see what they say. I did notice that the download page did not list the software as being Win 10 compatible, so if it has been a while since the program has been updated, then the author may no longer be developing it and may not do anything about it.

Good luck.

Solution