problem regarding MS Office product key...

Sahan_

Prominent
Jun 21, 2017
hey guys...
i recently bought a dell inspiron 7560...n it was mentioned that there is a preinstalled licensed MS Office for life time...but when I open it...I'm being asked to enter the product key to activate it...or else just to try it as a sample for some period of time...n i don't see any product key given to me with the system...now i'm not able to get it how to activate it...so please suggest me some ideas that i could try to get my licensed version of MS Office...
Thanks..

Buy one. The ones that have MS Office preinstalled are activated from factory at same time and expire by the time you bought it. Same happened for me. I had Office home and student preinstalled but it expired in Jan whereas my laptop was bought in February

Sahan_

Prominent
Jun 21, 2017

well...thanks...but I hope that wasn't my problem though...cause it was clearly mentioned that it has built in licensed version of MS Office for 'LIFE TIME'...n I hope there is no expiry for a lifetime version...

Bo Lee

Reputable
Jun 17, 2015
I haven't ever seen one with a permanent key built in. They have always been trial keys. But if you still have the packaging stating that, then you can probably contact Microsoft support and they can help you out. As long as you have proof that you bought it.

Call the company that made the laptop or the company that sold the laptop. That is what you should have done first rather than post this question on an internet forum, just call the company.