How to put windows 10 on a partitioned HDD with a USB stick

volibearoo

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016
Hello so I want to have two windows 10s to choose from when I boot my computer. I partitioned my hard drive already and have a USB stick to use. Thank you

Solution
HOW you partitioned is a question. I would say you should start the installation, delete all your partitions, create one partition for 1st W10 installation (a few small windows maintanance partitions will be created automatically), then you create from unallocated space another partition for 2nd W10 installation. Install Windows to the first created partition. While installing 2nd Windows simply chose another partition created earlier.
HOW you partitioned is a question. I would say you should start the installation, delete all your partitions, create one partition for 1st W10 installation (a few small windows maintanance partitions will be created automatically), then you create from unallocated space another partition for 2nd W10 installation. Install Windows to the first created partition. While installing 2nd Windows simply chose another partition created earlier.

Solution