Over Saturated colors on wide color gamut IPS monitor

classna

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
I recently bought an old HP IPS panel (HP ZR30w) and the colors on this monitor are over-saturated in windows. See the following screenshot:

http://imgur.com/a/b92XR

The screenshot shows an orange color image displayed side by side in windows and photoshop. As you can see, the colors are over-saturated outside photoshop while in Photoshop the colors are just fine. I think it has something to do with windows color profile but i already installed and tried a bunch of color profiles but nothing has helped. I am using this panel mostly for web design/ photoshop etc and don't need it for print. please help.

classna

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
My digital vibrance was set to 50%. Reducing it also reduced the colors in photoshop. I want to adjust the colors outside photoshop to match it with photoshop colors.

I see, I thought that Photoshop was overriding the Digital Vibrance effect but that doesn't seem to be the case, it has to be something inside Photoshop settings then, some filter applied or some configuration, sadly I don't have experience with it, hopefully someone who knows better can help you with this.