BSOD memory management error and critical structure corruption error

bonemeal999

Reputable
Jun 23, 2014
I get the BSOD very infrequently at at random times long after I boot the PC. I am considering a fresh windows install, thinking it would fix the issue. I have no idea how to fix BSOD though so help would be great.

Solution
I am getting a page fault BSOD error like nuts since I rebooted my PC after apparently Windows decided to run a bunch of updates. Can you turn off your PC during boot multiple times and get into Windows recovery mode and click on trouble shooting and then click on system restore and see if you have a restore point that says recently "Critical Updates" for windows, and see if you have another restore point from before it decided doing this and restore to it?

Mine was DEFINITELY from windows updates. Thought it was my ram but after installing Windows on another drive and not letting it update it hasn't crashed once.
I was able to run SFC /scannow and CHKDSK /f /r and it found errors in my drive as well.
So if you're getting recent...

bonemeal999

Reputable
Jun 23, 2014

I said the errors in the title. memory management. critical structure corruption

Faike

Notable
Mar 27, 2017
I am getting a page fault BSOD error like nuts since I rebooted my PC after apparently Windows decided to run a bunch of updates. Can you turn off your PC during boot multiple times and get into Windows recovery mode and click on trouble shooting and then click on system restore and see if you have a restore point that says recently "Critical Updates" for windows, and see if you have another restore point from before it decided doing this and restore to it?

Mine was DEFINITELY from windows updates. Thought it was my ram but after installing Windows on another drive and not letting it update it hasn't crashed once.
I was able to run SFC /scannow and CHKDSK /f /r and it found errors in my drive as well.
So if you're getting recent errors since this week (I read that a bunch of people were) and it say something like page fault or whatever in the BSOD and it crashes super fast you can try that. Or you can test your ram.
Up to you.

Solution