What is Q6600 optimal temperature?

Duke_6

Prominent
Jun 23, 2017
Hello guys, i have installed Q6600 on my computer, so i'm interested what is optimal temperature for that procesor, when i'm not doing nothing on my computer, temperature is 48-53C. So is that good? And if i buy new cehap CPU cooler (i now have intel stock cooler), whould it reduce CPUs temp?

depends on ambient temperature I have a Q8200 and it runs about 35c at idle but I have an aftermarket heatsink on it with 2 fans
3qpDbSt.png

InvalidError

Titan
Idle temperatures are meaningless unless they are above 70C which would strongly suggest poor seating. Below 50C, readings are highly unreliable. My i5-3470 is always above 50C simply because I set my fan profile to quiet until the CPU passes 60C.

If you have a real reason to worry about CPU temperature, you'll see core temperatures past 75C under load. If you don't, then there is no immediate issue.

At what price your getting that used one ?
would they improve, again depends on your ambient temp, but I live in Texas and I keep my house at 78F ~26c..
would it be better than what you are using... possibly, neither of those look familiar even after a search the AVC fan/heatsink design was unknown to AVC website. dating the product to a few years old. does it still work like it was designed, probably so, its just a hunk of metal with copper pipes, but I would be worried about the fan itself.

do you have a budget for such an upgrade ?
this is what it cost me for a new one... I hope your not paying much for those your showing... because they are not expensive to start with.
http://www.frys.com/product/6998417?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Duke_6

Prominent
Jun 23, 2017
Coolers i showed up there, are used and cheap, 10 euros, i have u budget to buy the one you sent, you think it will do the job?

I live in Serbia, it's hot outside but in my room is good temp, i still think that the problem of overheating is the fan itself.