Laptop keyboard and sound don't work. Please help!

Justin_76

Commendable
May 23, 2016
Hello!

I have an HP Envy laptop.
Windows 10.

Awhile ago, one of my family members had dropped the laptop on carpet on it's right side and one of the plastic pieces became lodged into the side of the laptop so that every time you opened it, the bottom would pop off just a bit.

I decided to make a quick fix and took out the hard drive, RAM and disconnected some other things. I popped everything into place and put the computer back together, making sure that all the screws were in place and everything worked.

I made sure that it turned on, which it did and went to sleep. The next day, the keyboard worked for about 15 minutes before it stopped working and started doing weird things. I swipe my hand against the keyboard and all it types is 8's and continues spamming them until I swipe across the entire keyboard again, hitting all of the keys. It started to type special keys like a Y with two dots over it, things like that.

It's a touch screen, so I tried deleting the drivers, restarting it and using the on screen keyboard. I reset the entire computer, keeping my files and went to sleep.

The laptop works if you use a USB keyboard but now the sound has stopped working. Before, when I used the on-screen keyboard everything worked. It was all fine except the keyboard and now sound won't work.

What's going on??