WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while playing games

Proffer88

Reputable
Aug 6, 2015
Pulling my hair out on this, I'm running a 100% fresh windows 10 install. Windows run perfectly fine until I start up and play 5- 30 minutes into a game (Elder scrolls online).. Then I will get the BSOD its the same error every time uncorrectable error. I've made sure all setting in BIOS are default and no overclocking settings are on. I've ran memory tests on both RAM and my drives. Updated my BIOS version. I'm too green to know how to upload my dump files, but I've found them if someone can help me upload them maybe somebody can make some sense of them. I could really use some help as this rig now is just a Frankenstein of what good parts I have left since I can't afford to send the computer off to have it fixed. Here are the current specs.

MOBO- GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD5 rev 3.0
CPU- AMD FX9590 (I know its a nuclear chip) my intel rig killed over so I'm using this now..
GEFORCE GTX 970 gpu
16 GB RAM
2x 240GB SSD'S
1TB HDD
Corsair h110gt cooler
EVGA 850 G2 psu

Proffer88

Reputable
Aug 6, 2015
I ran this earlier today and everything checked out fine. One weird thing I noticed is that my CPU is showing to be running WAY too cool to be a accurate reading. it swings from 50's to about 90f I don't think this CPU could idle at those temps. Also my drivers are up to date on everything I can think to update them on.

90 is way too hot for that chip. you are reading Celsius not Fahrenheit. sounds like you are overheating your processor. time to reapply thermal paste and make sure your cooler is attached properly. your pump may have failed on the h110gt. listen to it closely and make sure the pump is running.

well now, those are good temps then haha. definitely some kind of hardware issue. the memory test can still pass even if ram is failing. do you have another ddr3 stick lying around from another machine you can try by its self? better to rule it out completely if it doesn't require a purchase of some sort.

Proffer88

Reputable
Aug 6, 2015
Alright update, finally after playing nearly 2 hours I got a different result. Instead of BSOD the computer simply went to black screen and restarted. This was by far the longest run without an issue while in a game.