Internet connected but can't connect to anything after 1 hour

scandatanta

Prominent
Jun 24, 2017
So I've searched the web and tried several different solutions to this but can't find out what the problem is.

Basically, my internet works fine for about an hour to one hour fifteen minutes after booting my computer. At this point, I can't connect to anything anymore, but my internet still says it is connected. I can't load web pages, I can't run anything requiring the internet anymore. However, I still remain connected to an online game I'm playing at the time.

The only thing that seems to fix it is rebooting, at which point it's fine until the aforementioned one hour-ish. Then I get the same problem again. I've tried resetting network settings, resetting ip, resetting router .etc. I should also note that this PC has ran the very same internet fine until recently, it's only the last few days it's started happening.

So yeah...it's rather odd that it happens after around 1 hour and it's fine otherwise. The fact that resetting the router does nothing but rebooting the PC does suggests its to do with the computer, right? Any help appreciated.

Update: I disabled the Avast extensions in my browsers, and it appears to have somewhat fixed the problem. Though it still happens occasionally. Could this be linked to that?

Ralston18

Titan
Are any other computers or devices having the same problem?

No error messages or pop-up Windows? (Windows 10?)

Check your power and sleep settings - see if there is some timeout or power saving option kicking in?

Would not think so especially if the connection is lost while you are active on the computer.

Perhaps the router is limiting the lease time on your IP to 60 minutes or thereabouts.....

How are you resetting the router? Who has admin rights to the router? Could be that the router's logs (if available and activated) may provide some clue.