BSoD then eternal "Attempting repairs" screen

everbs1234

Prominent
Jun 24, 2017
My computer gave me stopcode 0xc000021a after waking it up from a typical hibernation. Now every time I boot it up it says "Preparing automatic repairs" then "diagnosing your pc" then finally "attempting repairs". Yet nothing gets accomplished after an hour or so. I have no clue how to fix this and would appreciate it if I could get some assistance in regaining the use of my family's primary desktop computer.

Solution
The STATUS_SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATED bug check has a value of 0xC000021A. This means that an error has occurred in a crucial user-mode subsystem.

This error occurs when a user-mode subsystem, such as WinLogon or the Client Server Run-Time Subsystem (CSRSS), has been fatally compromised and security can no longer be guaranteed. In response, the operating system switches to kernel mode. Microsoft Windows cannot run without WinLogon or CSRSS. Therefore, this is one of the few cases where the failure of a user-mode service can shut down the system.+
Mismatched system files can also cause this error. This can occur if you have restored your hard disk from a backup. Some backup programs might skip restoring system files that they...

Colif

Win 11 Master
The STATUS_SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATED bug check has a value of 0xC000021A. This means that an error has occurred in a crucial user-mode subsystem.

This error occurs when a user-mode subsystem, such as WinLogon or the Client Server Run-Time Subsystem (CSRSS), has been fatally compromised and security can no longer be guaranteed. In response, the operating system switches to kernel mode. Microsoft Windows cannot run without WinLogon or CSRSS. Therefore, this is one of the few cases where the failure of a user-mode service can shut down the system.+
Mismatched system files can also cause this error. This can occur if you have restored your hard disk from a backup. Some backup programs might skip restoring system files that they determine are in use.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/bug-check-0xc000021a--status-system-process-terminated

not the most fun of errors to get

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - just a boot drive

see if we can get to safe mode, might be able to fix it from there
change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
PC will restart and load safe mode

If you can get to safe mode, open command prompt with admin rights
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, type this nest command into same window (spacing needs to match):
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press enter
SFC fixes system files, DISM cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

If start up options wasn't an option, choose system restore and see if there is a recent date here, it might fix this for you

Solution