motherboard won't save bios settings to boot up to windows properly

SlasherSquid01

Commendable
Apr 3, 2017
I recently bought a Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 7 motherboard, i7 4770k cpu ddr3 corsair vengeance ram and a 500 hardrive on gumtree he proved it worked and everything by showing pictures that it boots into windows 10 but when l hocked everything up it wouldn't load into windows 10 and had an error. I asked him about his and he said to change the ram frequency to 1600 and it should work So l did that and it was fine it booted up to windows 10 but when l shut it down again and restarted it for some reason it had the same problem l went back into the bios and everything was reset even though l saved it it still reset so l changed the battery on the motherboard didn't work tried wiping everything didn't work I changed the motherboard battery same result cleared the COMS still refused to save I don't know why the bios settings are not saving and l can't think of anything else to do

Please help!

Solution
Have you got motherboard manual? If not, you can get it here: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z97X-Gaming-7-rev-10#support-manual

On page 22 it shows your motherboards choice of bios, as it has 2, wonder which one you are using.

It also shows where the Clear CMOS button is - your motherboard has it and the jumper pins (which shouldn't have a cap on them)

To clear the CMOS first you need to unplug the computer from the power socket. Then check:
1) If your motherboard is equipped with Clear CMOS button then press it.
2) If your motherboard has CLR_CMOS (Clearing CMOS) jumper then place a jumper cap on the two pins to temporarily short them or use a metal object like a screwdriver to short these pins for 5 seconds. Put the...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Have you got motherboard manual? If not, you can get it here: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z97X-Gaming-7-rev-10#support-manual

On page 22 it shows your motherboards choice of bios, as it has 2, wonder which one you are using.

It also shows where the Clear CMOS button is - your motherboard has it and the jumper pins (which shouldn't have a cap on them)

To clear the CMOS first you need to unplug the computer from the power socket. Then check:
1) If your motherboard is equipped with Clear CMOS button then press it.
2) If your motherboard has CLR_CMOS (Clearing CMOS) jumper then place a jumper cap on the two pins to temporarily short them or use a metal object like a screwdriver to short these pins for 5 seconds. Put the jumper back in it's default position (open).
3) If above methods fail then you need to remove the CMOS battery (small silver disk) and then use method 2) and additionally wait for 10 minutes. Instead of waiting you can use a metal object like a screwdriver to touch the positive and negative terminals of the battery holder (NOT the battery!), making them short for 5 seconds. Replace the battery.

https://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php?topic=2286.0

I wonder if the current BIOS is corrupted and loading a new one onto motherboard would fix it. Page 91 of manual shows the ideal way to do it.

Solution

SlasherSquid01

Commendable
Apr 3, 2017
FIXED IT THANK YOU I TRIED EVERYTHING FOR IT TO WORK Press the blue button which rests the bios,change the battery,download drivers,updated the bios trying to fix this for 2 weeks thank you all l did was hold the black button down for 5 sec and it saved the settings rebooted it 5 times in a row they were all successful boots

Thank you!!!! :D:D:D

TRENDING THREADS