Hd boot option menu gone

giorgiofelicio

Prominent
Jun 25, 2017
The hdd boot option menu in my bios is gone which now left the CD option which makes can't access my PC, even though I didn't mess with the hardwares. I don't know if it isn't able to read my hdd but now it just stucks on the screen asking me to insert a proper boot device. Please help

Solution
What type of PC is this? Brand name or Custom? If brand name, what make/model? If custom, what motherboard?

So HDD isn't showing in BIOS? Is that what you mean, and only available option is the CD?

That isn't a good sign. If BIOS can't see HDD and Windows isn't booting, I would worry about the drive. Can you take drive out of PC and put it in another to see if it shows up? If it does, perhaps copy everything off it you can't afford to lose, just in case. You could run hdtune free version on the drive and check it out its health on the health tab

Colif

Win 11 Master
What type of PC is this? Brand name or Custom? If brand name, what make/model? If custom, what motherboard?

So HDD isn't showing in BIOS? Is that what you mean, and only available option is the CD?

That isn't a good sign. If BIOS can't see HDD and Windows isn't booting, I would worry about the drive. Can you take drive out of PC and put it in another to see if it shows up? If it does, perhaps copy everything off it you can't afford to lose, just in case. You could run hdtune free version on the drive and check it out its health on the health tab

Solution

giorgiofelicio

Prominent
Jun 25, 2017

i tried it and it works thank you very much for your advice!