IPS panel that caught my attention and 144Hz that got me confused

STR_0311

Commendable
Oct 2, 2016
Hi, good day. I'm thinking of getting myself a new monitor since I saw some monitors(dell to be specific) which i feel the colour reproduction was very good meanwhile mine does not. I think its cause of the IPS display used by the dell monitor and mine is a TN panel which pretty much explains it. I'm currently having a benq GL2460(60Hz, 1ms). Since then, I started to hunt for a new monitor.

Right now, I'm torn on choosing the type of monitor I need. At first I was pretty sure on going with IPS. As soon as started googling about monitors and got to know 144hz can be worthy, Im starting to get confused on getting which panel. IPS(better colour reproduction) or TN(144hz). I do know there are many posts regarding this, but I hope I could get better results with my exact situation.

Resolution: 1080p on 24inch, 1440p on 27 inch
Size: 24 or 27 inches
Refresh rate: 60 if IPS, 144 if TN
Response time: Anything as far as gaming experience is not ruined
Additional: Thin bezel would be nice

I play games like COD, BF, Crysis, GTA, Watchdogs, Dying light, Project Cars, NFS, Grid, and so on. Mostly AAA titles. Csgo sometimes. I do web browse ALOT, and watch my favourite movies/series too. My rig consist of i5-7500, 8GB ram, and GTX 1060. I dont play any sort of game tournaments but i do enjoy high graphics in a game. Since I mostly play Ultra settings in a game(except for csgo), my fps will only be around 60-80 fps which is making me think if I would need a 144hz monitor instead of IPS but then at the same time it might be helpful if I could slightly lower the settings to get more fps and take advantage of the 144hz display.

1) So IPS or 144hz TN that would suit me?

2) Is there any 144hz tn panel with good colour reproduction?

2) Will I notice anything going from 1 ms monitor to an IPS(if I buy an IPS) monitor since most of them got slower refresh period.

People who tried both 144 hz tn and ips monitor might wanna share their experiences that could help me choose a monitor.

TL;DR: 144Hz TN or 60Hz IPS?

Thank you very much in advance.

CorsairSSC

Respectable
Aug 9, 2016
Of all the games that you listed, only CS:GO benefits from having a 144 Hz display. Even so, I bid you beware: it is known that people who switch to 144 Hz can never return to lower refresh rates. Looking at other displays at 60 Hz will be torturous. Thus, I suggest you stay away from 144 Hz monitors for now.

You will generally not notice response times less than 6 ms, unless you are somebody with ballistic reaction times (like KennyS).

In summary, the games you play all have good graphics and what you do requires a lot of time in front of a monitor, so something like IPS that is easy on the eyes and has beautiful color reproduction is practically ideal for you. That being said, I recommend that you DO NOT go with Dell because their monitors are priced much higher than they should be. Try AOC - their monitors are quality (I own one, and I speak from experience), and are priced at 70% of what Dell is offering.

STR_0311

Commendable
Oct 2, 2016

Could you recommend me a model? Thank you

STR_0311

Commendable
Oct 2, 2016

Okay. Ill go with that. Would you recommend me some models? Thank you