Windows 10 VERY LONG START UP TIME

Kyry__

Prominent
Jun 25, 2017
Hello,as stated in the title win 10 takes a very long time to load i am going to try to explain what happend with my very limited english skills(sorry bout that).Yesterday i did a fresh install of windows 10 installed everything i needed and games and such ran very smootly.Today when i came home and turned on my pc i noticed an increased boot time from like 10-15 sec to 40-50 sec,i didnt really mind cause i thought maybe its doing an update or something.When i got into windows everything was sluggish cause for some reason win 10 only recognized 1 out of the 6 cores i have(amd fx 6350)ive had that problem before on an old pc and knew a few possible reasons,i turned the pc down unplugged everything and cleared my CMOS battery,then i proceed to turn on the pc to see the results and the pc got to the screen after bios the one where the wheel spins and everything seemed fine but after it did like 1-2 rotations it got slower and slower and slower till it just almost stopped(it moves like 1 mm every 10-15 sec) i have no idea what should i do.Any ideas ? Thank you.

Solution
what are specs of PC? are you booting off SSD or HDD?

That isn't a long boot time, 20 minutes is a long boot time - I have run into a few people with this sort of time wait. Normally sign hdd is not happy

Does it eventually get to desktop or just stop loading? Check you have latest drivers for hardware, that can help speed things up

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

can try running start up repair to see if its windows
change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for...

Colif

Win 11 Master
what are specs of PC? are you booting off SSD or HDD?

That isn't a long boot time, 20 minutes is a long boot time - I have run into a few people with this sort of time wait. Normally sign hdd is not happy

Does it eventually get to desktop or just stop loading? Check you have latest drivers for hardware, that can help speed things up

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

can try running start up repair to see if its windows
change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

Solution