installing winodws 10 while windows 7 still exist in drive C

ordinaryguyz

Prominent
Jun 26, 2017
i upgrade my pc components since my older mobo ram and processor broke.(passed away)
and now im stuck at installing windows 10. whenever i install windows 10 . it gives me error code 0xc00000e9. i tried to boot my pc in windows 7 i can boot it but whenever the windows logo apearred my mouse wont work. but keyboard is working. im having a hard time in my situation. pls help

Ralston18

Titan
Could be a number of reasons.

Are you trying to set up a dual boot PC (Windows 7 and Windows 10) or upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10?

How many HDDs' and/or SSDs' are involved? Partioned drives?

Did you check that the mouse is fully and correctly plugged in? Try the mouse on another computer or another mouse on your computer. See if the problem continues or follows the mouse.

Here is a "starter link" to provide some guidence:

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/unexpected-io-error-occurred-0xc00000e9

You can google the error code for more information. Do be careful about websites claiming to be able to fix the problem via some download or website connection. Those websites will appear no matter what problem is presented.

Your objective is to troubleshoot and narrow things down as specifically as you can.

Is this a dual boot? Do you have the installation media for Windows 7? What are your partitions like? How much space are allowing each operating system? Does your MBR belong to Windows 7 or to an earlier Windows 10?

ordinaryguyz

Prominent
Jun 26, 2017
not doing a dual boot. im installing freshly windows 10. but windows 7 still exist in my C drive. i can still boot in my windows 7 but mouse turning off everytime windows logo appear.