Cannot connect to wi-fi on laptop

Mike 777

Commendable
May 12, 2016
So my friend is leaving on vacation and his laptop is not connecting to wi-fi.

I told him that I would take a look and I can't make it work since I don't have the small cable to plug it directly to the router to update the drivers (it's a Samsung laptop so i it doesn't use the standard cable)

Is there a way I can download the driver needed from my pc, put it on a stick and try to update the laptop driver that way?

I am not very familiar with the steps of doing this, but if explained, I can surely manage to do it. Do I have to delete the old driver and install the new one or just update.

If someone could share the steps on how to do this, it would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Do i need a bootable usb stick or a regular stick will do it?

Mike 777

Commendable
May 12, 2016
Ok thank you. When I go in device manager under Network adapters, I have:
Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 Wireless Network Adapter

When I type that on google, the first link that comes up is: http://support.lenovo.com/ca/en/downloads/ds105386

I have a Samsung Notebook, will that work? I am trying to find the latest driver on the samsung website but it's not there and I tried calling but I swear they have the worst customer service ever.

Mike 777

Commendable
May 12, 2016
I have been trying to that for the past hour.
model number: NP940X3k-K03US

Every time I enter it, it takes me to another place where I have to put it again. I put it again and nothing happens. Maybe you can take a look yourself and if you can find me the link to download the drivers, I would be very happy.

Thanks in advance.

Mike 777

Commendable
May 12, 2016
I downloaded the Samsung software update (had to click on learn more), copied the necessary driver from the software on the stick and installed it on the laptop.

Thank you for your help

TRENDING THREADS