Fix to PC freezing with Buzzing-like sound coming from speakers

Hue____Man

Prominent
Jun 26, 2017
Hey GUYS!!!
I'm here to help some of the people having a very annoying issue with their PC's hanging with an annoying buzzing sound until they restart their PC's
After having this problem for many months, trying out different solutions such as messing around with audio settings, ram and psu options and reading a bunch of forums, I actually found a trend with this problem and its that a majority of it comes from people with AM3(+) AMD CPU's. I own an FX 6300 myself and managed to figure out that it was the turbo mode or the automatic overclocking that caused this freezing.:fou:

To fix this issue, follow these steps-
1. enter the bios of your Motherboard
2. go to "Advanced" options then to "Jumper Free Configuration"(depending on your board this might have a different name but its the place where all your cpu voltages are and clock frequencies and a bunch of settings that usually are set to automatic or "Auto")
3. Go to "CPU Overclocking" and set it to "Manual"
4. Go to the "CPU ratio" and set it from auto to the regular multiplier and stock frequency of your CPU - E.G (FX 6300 = 3500mhz)-----(FX 8350 = 4200mhz)-----(FX 8300 = 3300mhz)
5. Go to the "AMD Turbo Core Technology" and Disable it
6. Leave all the other setting to default settings.
7. Stress test your CPU and see if everything is all Good.

If you need any visual aid, watch this OC video but setting the CPU ratio to your CPU's default ratio. - this one is for the 6300 but he is doing the opposite, he;s overclocking it so watch out.
also, the wording of the settings might be different depending on your motherboard manufacturer.
:wahoo:
-http://imageshack.com/a/img924/9125/4Duivb.jpg
-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPpKfx7g3c4-

He's not asking a question.

*I don't know that Tomshardware is the ideal place to start a "discussion" of audio issues. Perhaps REDDIT would be better.

I could be wrong, but I think this forum is geared mainly to specific questions that are asked then answered.

OTHER:
And buzzing audio issues happen across more of a variety of PC's than I think your statement suggests. It's possible you think the issue is more specific since that's the PC you own. For example, I've got an Intel i7 + GTX1080 and I get problems periodically caused by my SOUND CARD that require me to reboot and I've seen similar problems in many different configurations.

Your issue may also be detectable via LatencyMON http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

Hue____Man

Prominent
Jun 26, 2017

Fair enough, I have seen this problem happen for all sorts of different reasons from hibernation settings, driver issues and all sorts of other things including the clashing audio drivers or equipment .
But i just wanted to be another possible solution to some that are desperate for any help
Thanks for the advice, ill make sure to take it in use it c:
PS- I'm quite new to tomshardware so thanks for clearing that up man