Windows 10 keeps booting into startup repair

tlavanway3

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2014
hello i just spent 3 thousand on a new gaming pc and had no problems with it, then one day i turned it on and tryed to open skype and it said i was missing a .dll file so ok no big deal maybe il try a hard shutdown and turn back on maybe that will fix it, nope now every single time i turn my computer on, it boots into automatic startup repair, and if things could not get any worse, nothing in the startup repair even works, i try everything and does not work (mostly because i did not back up anything) but even when i try to do a start up repair thing to analyze files and fix why its not booting, nothing happens, it says its diagnosing the problem, then a bright blue screen flashing for .5 seconds, was not a normal [strike]blue[/strike] BSOD screen because it had no words on it, and then the computer reboots into startup repair again, i litterally cant get it to stop doing this, and reinstalling windows is not an option because i dont have a [strike]disk[/strike] disc drive.

Solution
If you've ran Startup Repair and it's failed, it means your MBR is damaged beyond repair and needs to be fully replaced via a clean install of the OS.

Guide: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-do-clean-installation-windows-10

You mentioned it yourself, you have no backups. In the future you'll want to back up your machine in case this happens again. You may want to consider a tool like Rollback Rx as it's easy to use. You can go with MAcrium Reflect but then you need storage media.

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
If you've ran Startup Repair and it's failed, it means your MBR is damaged beyond repair and needs to be fully replaced via a clean install of the OS.

Guide: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-do-clean-installation-windows-10

You mentioned it yourself, you have no backups. In the future you'll want to back up your machine in case this happens again. You may want to consider a tool like Rollback Rx as it's easy to use. You can go with MAcrium Reflect but then you need storage media.

Solution